Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Try Aquajogging to Boost your Run

I have done many aqua jogging workouts in my years. It started in college when the extra miles caused my flat feet to overcorrect and give me shin splints, which led to stress fractures. Rather than run doubles with the team, I was labeled "fragile" and did my double workout in the pool. We were taught by coach Brian how to check our pulse with our fingers on our wrist to see if we got up our heart rate high enough.

(Yes, you don't need an expensive heart rate moniter, you have a free one called a finger and a wrist!)

Anyways, I'll share some aqua jogging workout ideas for you. You can get a jogger at a sporting store, or at the official website online. Most pools don't have them.

Running and Walking:
Position your body with your head, shoulders, hips, and feet vertically aligned. Using a modified running/marching motion, coordinate your leg and arm movements as in running.

A great article for triathletes who want to incorporate aquajogging: http://www.active.com/triathlon/Articles/A-New-Kind-of-Brick_-Try-Aquajogging-to-Boost-Your-Run.htm

Aquajogging Workout Ideas

Benefits of Aquajogging

No comments:

Post a Comment